Friday, January 29, 2016

Korean Food Experience

Korean Utensils
Photo by: Joseph Berger
Last Christmas break, me and my family went to South Korea and spend New year's eve there. The food there was amazing! we ate Korean food everyday and their side dishes will always have kimchi and soup. Eating Korean food will be always be cooked right in front of you, they have this grill on the center of the table and is powered through gasoline, at first its scary but you'll get used to it as you leave the restaurant with a full stomach and the smell of the food on your clothes. What I also noticed is that the utensils they used is a spoon and a pair of flat chopsticks. To be honest its embarrassing to say that I just learned how to use the chopsticks by the end of the year. I learned it by not following the right way, instead I used my own way and the chopsticks there are flat so I'm used to flat chopsticks not the usual round ones.
Korean Barbecue for lunch!!



Enough about utensils, like I said the food there was amazing! The kimchi which is my favorite korean food matches perfectly the cold weather with its spicy red sauce. Besides kimchi, Korean barbecue is the best! you can eat it with or without sauce and it would still taste great because of its spicy flavor. Whats best in my food experience is that most of the food we ate are spicy and hot which makes our faces red as we go out to the restaurants we've been. Whats also best is that you have a wide variety of choices to cook because of the fact that you'll be cooking the food yourself, there's a catch though, by the time after you ate you'll smell like food you ate but in our case it was worth it.






Korean Beef!!

Overall, the food experience I had in Korea was the best so far! Every food there was great whether its a side dish or not , everything tastes great. I wouldn't mind going back there again and now, I'm looking forward to my next food experience.


Author: Clyde Vicencio

No comments:

Post a Comment