Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The SWEET Lumpia

I love Filipino food! Especially when it comes to desserts. I have a big spot in my stomach, and it is all for sweet, and tasty desserts. The Filipino dessert that I love the most is, "Turon." I could eat Turon all day long, be it Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner.

Photo by: recipeshubs.com
Turon is made using three main ingredients, which are bananas, sugar, and the spring roll wrapper. I is very easy to create this dessert. All you need is a hot pan filled with oil. The first thing you have to do is, cut the bananas lengthwise. Coat the banana with sugar, and wrap it with the spring roll wrapper. Fold the spring roll wrapper and seal the edges with water. Caramelize the brown sugar in the hot oil, until it floats. Fry the Turon until the wrapper turns into a golden brown color. Serve it, and enjoy eating it with your friends, or family members.

Turon with Purple Yam (Ube)
Photo by: Pinterest
This delicacy is so good, especially when you pair it with jackfruit. The jackfruit is optional, but it increases the taste of the Turon. Though many people have innovated different kinds of Turon, the classic one would really be the best. This "SWEET" lumpia gives me so much joy! It is really a must-try.
This dish is certainly a "Must Try"
Photo by: delawaretoday.com
Author: Cesar Omnes Jr.



No comments:

Post a Comment